There is no doubt that today the leading cause of death in the U.S is Heart Disease and Cancer. Coming shortly after that is Diabetes. I personally have not experienced losing a loved one from any of those life-threatening diseases, but have close friends and extended family members who have. The expense itself, cost & lives lost, are both difficult to grasp in scale.
Today the U.S. spends more on health care than any other country in the world! In 2015, the U.S spent $3.2 TRILLION on health care, and it is only predicted to continue to increase. Out of that $3.2 Trillion, $90 Billion is spent on Cancer research/treatment and $322 Billion on Diabetes research/treatment alone.
It is predicted that this year there will be over 1.6 million new cases of Cancer and from that 590,000 people will die. Diabetes is even higher. Research shows that 1 out of 3 adults has pre-diabetes. Most have no idea. There is about 1.4 million new cases a year in the U.S and from that number over 80,000 people will die. Those numbers are per year! That is how many lives are being taken by these preventable diseases. That is more than the amount of lives lost due to terrorism. In 2014 there were only 18 U.S lives lost due to a terror attack. During 9/11 there were 2902 lives lost. That is minimal compared to the rate of these alarming diseases. Yet, we pay more attention and display more concern for the potential act of terror than we display for our own personal well-being.
"Today be thankful and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold, and your health is wealth."
Our bodies are worth more than gold! Would you feed your baby or child to eat cigarettes or allow them to drink battery acid? Well that is essentially what you are doing when you allow them to drink cow's milk, eat meat produce and soft drinks like coke.
WHAT CAUSES THESE HORRIFIC DISEASES?
The leading cause of Cancer and Diabetes is poor diet and low physical activity. But more specifically, an animal based diet which promotes cancer growth and contains carcinogens comparable to cigarettes that lead to these health issues. In addition, eating meat products makes it harder to maintain a healthy body weight, carry a higher risk for food born illnesses, makes us resistant to antibiotics, contributes to erectile disfunction, filled with hormones, and as mentioned linked to cause multiple diseases that can lead to death.
All of that can greatly be reduced and prevented with a plant-based diet. We can turn off cancer growth and decrease to eliminate diabetes simply by adjusting the level of intake of animal based produce.
"The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition."
Enjoying a plant-based diet will allow you to feel better, look better and overall transform your body into its best self! So why not make the transition? If you are not convinced yet, keep reading.
7 Reasons A Plant-Based Diet Will Save Your Life
1. Increased Energy & Smaller Waist-Line: People who enjoy a plant-based diet are on average 20 pounds lighter than people who have a animal-based diet. Switching will allow you to keep the extra pounds off, look and feel sexy, and have greater energy and drive to get more accomplished in your day.
2. Improved Health & Happiness: According to the American Cancer Society & the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics a plant-based diet will help decrease the likelihood of developing cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease. A plant-based diet will help reverse these deadly diseases. You will get all the vital nutrients needed to be healthy without all of the toxins that make you sick and fatigue that are found in an animal-based diet, such as saturated fats and cholesterol.
3. Enjoy More Nutritious Wholesome Food: So you may be thinking that a plant-based diet will taste plain, boring, and lack protein, well think again, you could not be further from the truth. Plants can offer so much protein if not more than meat! There are now, more than ever, so many delicious plant-based alternatives to burgers, sandwiches, ice creams and cakes that taste like the real thing, but so much healthier! Here is a link to find some amazing yummy recipes.
4. More Fiber: A plant-based diet will naturally increase your fiber intake which helps keep you regular, improves your digestion system and prevents constipation. Also helps lower your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
5. Better Vision 20/20: A plant-based diet rich in carrots, kale, spinach, grapes, squash, kiwi and corn have lutein and zeaxanthin pigments which can help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
6. Bye-Bye Acne: Animal products and produce are high in saturated fats which is one of the leading causes to clogged pores. Whereas plant-based products and foods produce phytochemicals that help protect the skin, can smooth wrinkles and stimulate an increased production of collagen.
7. Better Heart Health: Overall, your holistic well-being will be improved, but most importantly your heart. One of the most vital organs in the body. Reverse the possibility of the worlds number one killer, heart disease, along side cancer and diabetes by making the decision to enjoy wholesome foods from the earth.